After the closure due to the lockdown, the University libraries gradually reactivated the various services.
From 14 September in almost all libraries the pre-COVID opening hours and access to the open shelves have been restored (read).
ILLs and regular loans services had already been reactivated, as well as on-site consultation and the possibility of booking a workstation.
For safety reasons, in compliance with the provisions of the anti-contagion protocol, it is always necessary to book your access to the Library.
What can you do from home?
- You can consult all e-resources (remember to set up the proxy first!):
- e-books (check out the tutorial: Come cercare un libro/e-book and Esempi di ricerca di e-book)
- daily and weekly papers
- digitized collections: antique and rare books in our Impronte digitali and other collections
- graduation (from 2013, if pre-authorised for public consultation) and doctoral theses
- UNIFI academic research outcomes in FloRe
- all digital and open access books and journals of Firenze University Press, the University publisher, freely accessible
- Moreover, if you do a search in OneSearch, among the results you will often find e-resources that you can consult online straight away
- You can explore the libraries' archives and the special collections
- You can ask our help for your bibliographic searches through the form Ask a librarian
- You can find materials and content online in replacement for the cancelled library courses. For more information see the pages dedicated to the courses
- You can use our tutorials to learn how to do a search on OneSearch and in some of the databases
- You can watch the libraries own virtual exhibitions
- In our Youtube channel, you will find videos on events, exhibitions and more tutorials...
Also consult the pages of your library to discover other online research paths for educational purposes.
Finally, check out the Digital Solidarity initiative, promoted by the Minister for Technological Innovation and Digitization. Among the services offered: free access to newspapers, magazines and books, made available by publishers, e-learning platforms and solutions for smart working.
Follow us on Facebook.