The Centro di Documentazione Europea of the University of Florence and the Centro Europe Direct of Florence City Council have organised a public screening, in live streaming, of the debate between the candidates for the Presidency of the European Commission (Spitzenkandidaten):
Wednesday 15 May, from 9 to 11 pm
Social Sciences Library, 2nd floor hall
Via delle Pandette 2 - Florence
With this initiative the CDE of the University of Florence and the Europedirect Center of Florence intend to offer students and citizens an opportunity to "shed some light" in view of the vote for the renewal of the European Parliament.
The debate will be broadcast live from the Plenary of the European Parliament in Brussels.
The candidates who will take part in the debate are:
- Nico CUE', European Left (EL)
- Ska KELLER, European Green Party (EGP)
- Jan ZAHRADIL, Alliance of conservatives and Reformists in Europe (ACRE)
- Margrethe VESTAGER, Alleanza of the LIberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE)
- Manfred WEBER, European Popular Party (PPE)
- Frans TIMMERMANS, European Socialist Party (PSE)
The topics of the debate will be:
- "My Europe: what's in it for me?"
- "Our values and the world"