From 9 November change in opening hours and access procedures. Only Unifi community members are allowed access. Read more
#IoRestoaCasa (Istayhome): remote-access services and resources
Psychology Branch Library
Address & Contacts
(scorri a destra)
The current location of the Psychology branch library opened in 2009 and houses all the collections previously held in the different locations.
The library is situated inside the S. Salvi campus which was, until the 1970s, part of the town's psychiatric hospital. The building hosts also the Department of Psychology.
Among the library's historical collections one of the highlights is the private library of Francesco De Sarlo, founder of the Experimental Psychology Laboratory inside the Institute of Higher Studies. The books of this collection are held in the library, while the journals are held at the Humanities Library.
This highly specialised collection totals:
- around 28,000 books
- 86 Italian journals
- 73 foreign journals
- over 6,000 theses, of which 804 discussed between 1933 and 1978
- historical collections: Fondo Francesco De Sarlo, Fondo Lydia Tornatore, Fondo psicologia, Fondo interno B
Reading and Loans
Modern material is on open shelves in the reading room, older editions are in the bookstacks.
The books with the following call numbers are not for loan: ESAM, SALA, SALA2, ENC, DIZ, books and miscellaneous of the Fondo De Sarlo and other historical collections.
- More information in the Humanities Library's general reading and loans section
49 seats, 25 of which with power sockets and 24 with a desktop PC. Wireless network access throughout the library.