Skip navigation links
logo ridotto
  • OneSearch
  • online services

Libraries: opening hours and access procedures. Read more

#IoRestoaCasa (Istayhome): remote-access services and resources

ILL-DD for Internal and Authorised Users

What can be requested

Articles, books or parts of books not owned by the University libraries, requested by your designated reference library from other Italian or foreign libraries.

For journal articles of items that the library owns in printed form please use the Digitization service. The document will be delivered to you by email free of charge. 

How to request an item

  1. Fill in the request form available after you log in with yoru user credentials.
    Inside the data bases the form is available through the tab  pulsante trova@unifi
    If you are surfing the website from outside the Univeristy campuses you need to set up a proxy.
  2. Ask in person at the loans desk of your designated reference library.

Through your personal profile in OneSearch you can:

  • follow the status of your request
  • cancel your request (if still possible)

Users of the library of the University Campus in Prato (PIN) can receive books or copies of documents from all the other libraries of the University of Florence free of charge; vice versa, at the other libraries of the University of Florence it is possible to get books or copies of documents held by the Prato branch.

Costs of the service

the service is free of charge if the documents come fromthe libraries of the University of Florence or local, regional or national libraries with which specific agreements are in place.

In all other cases a flat fee will be charged as a contribution to retrieveing expences.  .

How to make a payment

The payment can be made by cash or bank transfer to the following account:

IBAN: IT 88 A 02008 02837 000041126939

Account name: Università degli Studi di Firenze-Ateneo.

The exact amount and the payment description will be communicated by the ILL office of the library you made your request to. To receive the items requested you need to show proof of payment.

Teaching staff and researchers can claim the expense in the research funds allocated to them.

Please note

Please make sure that the item you are requesting is NOT available at any of the University libraries by checking ALL catalogues, online and hard copy.

last update: 22-May-2019
Home Unifi Home SBA

Back to top