The University of Florence, Italy (SAGAS Dept., and University Library System), in cooperation with the IFLA Bibliography Section, the Italian Library Association (Associazione Italiana Biblioteche), and with all the following promoter institutions
- Associazione Italiana Editori
- Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze
- Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Roma
- Biblioteca Nazionale Svizzera BN
- Casalini libri
- European University Institute
- Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico delle Biblioteche Italiane e per le informazioni bibliografiche
- JLIS.it - Italian Journal of Library, Archives, and Information Science
- Società italiana di Scienze Bibliografiche e Biblioteconomiche
- Soprintendenza archivistica e bibliografica della Toscana
- Wikimedia Italia
are organising an International Conference on Bibliographic Control in the Digital Ecosystem, which will be held online from 8 to 12 February 2021, starting at 15:00 CET.
Participation is free, but registration is required.
The programme and the registration form are available at the Conference web address https://www.bc2021.unifi.it.
The Conference aims to explore the new boundaries of Universal Bibliographic Control, which are widening in the digital ecosystem. Bibliographic control is radically changing because the bibliographic universe is radically changing: resources, actors, technologies, standards, and practices. As a "non-commercial public space" (IFLA Global Vision) – not only in a literal sense – libraries reaffirm a fundamental role also in the digital ecosystem.
The speakers have been selected from among the leading experts in the field. Papers will be presented in English or in Italian with slides in English and published on JLIS.it, issue 1, 2022.
Thanks to the Conference partners Associazione Italiana Biblioteche – Sezione Toscana, Casalini libri, OCLC, Space.
For more info: email@example.com