Starting from 25 may 2020 it will be possible to consult the historical collections, the archives and the graduation theses, by reservation only, from 9 am to 1.30 pm in a select number of libraries.
This material is the one that cannot be loaned out or scanned into digital format.
The new service is intended for undergraduates and postgraduate students who are writing their thesis, PhD students, researchers and lecturers, and intends to respond to requests received from scholars, offering the possibility to consult historical, bibliographic and archival documentation.
- In each library, a dedicated consultation area will be set up with a limited number of seats, as to abide by the social distancing rules
- The workstations will be reserved for the entire opening hours from 9 am to 1.30 pm; at the end of the consultation the workstations will be sanitized and the material used will be quarantined for 10 days before being made available again
- It is possible to leave the consulted material on hold if the same workstation is booked by the same user on the following day
- Reproduction services remain closed; users will be able to reproduce documents with their own tools, in compliance with the privacy and/or copyright laws
How to reserve and access the consultation areas:
- Send your request through Ask a librarian form or by email or phone.
- Wear a face mask and, possibly, gloves during the entire stay in the library. Please BYO personal protection equipment.
The libraries where this service is active:
- Humanities – piazza Brunelleschi
- Architecture – via p.A. Micheli
- Engineering – via S. Marta
- Agriculture - piazzale delle Cascine
- Anthropology – via del Proconsolo
- Geomineralogy and Botany – via La Pira
- Mathematics – viale Morgagni
- Sciences Campus – Sesto Fiorentino
- Social Sciences – D10 bldg – Novoli
- Biomedical – Largo Brambilla – Careggi