Sciences Campus library
Address & Contacts
By bus: 57, 59, 66
by train: from Sesto Fiorentino or Zambra railway station, in direction toUniversity Science Campus
|CLOSED from 12 to August|
Opening hours from 15 July to 31 August:
(scorri a destra)
In 2014 the collection of Astronomy, formerly housed in Arcetri Observatory and then in the Department, was added.
Part of the books and journals collection is housed at Galileo Museum: see catalogue.
From 2017 the entire library of Animal Biology - established in 1977 - has been moved to the Sesto Fiorentino branch, from the historic headquarters of the Palazzo della Specola in Florence, which is also home to the Zoology section of the Museum of Natural History and the Department of Biology.
For items acquired before 1991, it is advisable to search also the card catalogue.
- Plan and book locations of the Student Reading Room
- Plan and book locations the Monographies Reading Room
The library collection consists of:
- 28,000 books
- 913 journals, of which 115 with standing subscription, mainly in digital format.
Photocopies and reproductions facilites are also available.
Special interest collections available online
- Miscellany of Science Library: database containing thousands excerpts on Sciences Litterature
- Biodiversity Heritage Library project (BHL): digitized books in the University Library catalogue
- Arcetri's Astrophysics Observatory archives
- Journals Shelf at the Sciences Campus
- 166 seats in the reading rooms
- 10 desktop PCs for catalogue search and research
- 1 JAWS-enabled PC
- wireless connection
The entire building is wheelchair accessible.
- Department of Biology
- Department of Chemistry "Ugo Schiff"
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Department of Agrifood Production and Environmental Sciences
- Arcetri Astrophysics Observatory
- CISM Mass Spectrometry Center
- INFN National Institute for Nuclear Physics - Florence Branch
- LENS European Laboratory for Non-Linear Spectroscopy
- OPENLAB Laboratorio Aperto Polo Scientifico
- CERM European Center for Magnetic Resonance
- CSGI Center for Colloid and Surface Science
- CRIST Structural Crystallography Center
- PeptLab Laboratory of Peptide & Protein Chemistry & Biology
- LAMM Laboratory for Molecular Magnetism
- LaMMA Environmental Modelling and Monitoring Laboratory for Sustainable Development
- Museo Galileo