The photographic collection of the Agriculture Library consists of 23 photographic albums received from the Library by the former Institute of Agricultural Economics. Most of the albums date back to the 1920s/1930s, and they are probably related to the figure of Arrigo Serpieri (1877-1960), professor of agrarian economics at the University of Florence, of which he was rector and whose book collection is kept at the Agriculture Library branch.
Some albums document reclamation works carried out in the Italian territory in the Fascist period (1922-1943), others testify to interventions of river regimentation, construction of aqueducts, inaugurations. Of particular interest is the album documenting the construction of the bridge on the lagoon for the reunification of Venice to the mainland (1931-1933)
Donated in 1978 by the wife of Alfredo D'Arbela, Marianna Casati D'Arbela, these archive collect about eighty volumes, and three boxes of various documents (1910-1960): journal issues, working documents, iconographic material, letters, documentation relating to the activity of D'Arbela as a member of the UIC (Union Internationale des Chemins-de-fer), the International Union of Railways.
Archives donated in 1990 and consisting of documentation relating to the professional activity and teaching of Giuseppe Giorgio Gori. In specifics there are manuscripts, newspaper clippings, artwork and illustrations, videotapes of the years between 1934 and 1968, including 140 projects collected in 165 boxes.
An inventory of the archives is available as a published book.
The archives were donated in 1972 and consist of 330 books, 55 magazines, 1,500 exhibition catalogs, catalogs of antiquarian booksellers, abstracts, pamphlets, manuscripts, notes, personal documents, architectural competitions, educational materials, students' essays, photographic material (plates and photographs), a collection of postcards and a collection of newspaper articles; the subjects are architecture and the decorative arts in Italy from 1903 to 1956.
Chartae description Roberto Papini
The collection was donated to the library in 1980 and consists of about 500 files relating to the professional activity of Marcello Piacentini containing documentation on competitions and architectural projects in which he participated (studies, sketches, final drawings of executed works, photographs, manuscripts of his publications and papers, magazine and newspaper abstracts) and a series of 2,500 small format items made up of notes, drawings and architectural studies, kept by Piacentini as a source of design ideas; the documents date to the years 1903-1960.
Chartae description Marcello Piacentini
The archive of the Higher School of Architecture contains administrative and educational material from the Royal School of Architecture dating back to the 1930s, just before the establishement of the Faculty of Architecture (1936).
Collection donated between 1989 and 1990 and consisting of the correspondence and graphic design material of Luigi Vagnetti; the plates are grouped by project (120 projects) and divided by type (furniture, church, INAcasa, construction, urban, office, sports, religious, school, bridges). A printed catalogue is available for these archives.
Archives donated to the library in 1984 and containing material related to the professional activity of Enzo Vannucci (1950-1982): 85 inserts, two cabinets of technical drawings, drawings, folders of blueprints, a few books on technical subjects.