(scorri a destra)
The library was founded in 1870 and was merged with the library of the former Institute of Mineralogy, Petrography and Geochemistry in 1979.
Besides the books' heritage, it holds some important miscellaneous material such as Carobbi, Manasse, Aloisi.
The collection includes also around 2,700 geological and geographical maps and a sizeable antique collection.
The library collection consists of:
Photocopies and reproductions facilities are available.
The library is on the first floor in the building that also hosts the Geology and Paleontology section of the Museum of Natural History.
The library is accessible to users with disabilities.