(scorri a destra)
The library was founded by the scientist Paolo Mantegazza in 1871; it soon grew thanks to materials donated by various scientific institutes and by the Italian Society of Anthropology and Ethnology (in italian). Since 1986 following to a specific agreement the library also holds the volumes of the Italian Society of Human Ecology.
All material acquired before 1996 is available exclusively through the card catalogue as the cataloguing process is still ongoing.
The library collection consists of:
Photocopies and reproductions facilities available.
The library is located on the second floor of Palazzo Nonfinito, in via del Proconsolo 12 where also the Museum of Natural History, Anthropology and Ethnology Sections is located.
The library has full wheelchair access.