Tastings of OpenScience: conversations on the topic of open access
In the academic world, the interest towards open access and the disseminations of research contents is growing.
The Social Sciences Library has organised a series of short (1 hr) and informal meetings to share information on such themes and collect needs and suggestions from the university community involved in publishing.
Thursday 26 September
Open access, open science for a sustainable science
Franco Bagnoli, Giorgio Signorini
- L'Open Source within the context of sustainable develpmnet goals (SDG)
- "Software open source" or "free software"? Is it possible to extend the OS model to hardware and cultural works?
- The role of the University and the "OpenUniFI" initiative
- What "open science" means in the various phases of research: design, execution, dissemination of results. Citizen science
- Different aspects and areas of application of the "open" concept: patents, copyright, software, medicine, ...
- Advantages and disadvantages of open-ness