The library is located on the ground floor of the historic Palazzo Fenzi, originally owned by the Castelli family then by the Marucellis. Built in 1634 by Gherardo Silvani, Palazzo Fenzi is famous for its beautiful frescoed rooms painted by Sebastiano Ricci among which the highlight is the library reading room.
Details of the frescoes
The Geography branch library houses the collections coming from the former Geography Cabinet, set up in 1883, and from the Society for geographic and colonial studies founded by Giovanni Marinelli. The Fondo Marinelli is a precious collection of texts and maps, set up by Giovanni and his son Olinto, that initially belonged to the National Library in Florence and then it was given as a permanent deposit to the geography branch library.
The entire collection is in closed bookstacks. In order to borrow the material it is necessary to fill out a form at the loan desk.
20 seats, of which 3 with a desktop PC. Wifi access to the University network.